Ways to know you’re a true Floridian
1. Socks are only for bowling.
2. You never use an umbrella because the rain will be over in five minutes.
3. A good parking place has nothing to do with distance from the store, but everything to do with shade.
4. Your winter coat is made of denim.
5. You can tell the difference between fire ant bites and mosquito bites.
6. You’re younger than thirty but some of your friends are over 65.
7. Anything under 70 degrees is chilly.
8. You’ve driven through Yeehaw Junction.
9. You know that no other grocery store can compare to Publix.
10. You know that anything under a Category 3 just isn’t worth waking up for.
11. You dread love bug season.
12. You are on a first name basis with the hurricane list. They aren’t Hurricane Charley or Hurricane Frances. You know them as Andrew, Charley, Frances, Ivan, Jeanne, Wilma, Irene, Cheryl, Rita, Mary, Alison.
13. You know what a snowbird is and when they’ll leave.
14. You think a six-foot alligator is actually pretty average.
15. ‘Down South’ means Key West.
16. Flip-flops are everyday wear. Shoes are for business meetings and church, but you HAVE worn flip flops to church before.
17. You have a drawer full of bathing suits, and one sweatshirt.
18. You get annoyed at the tourists who feed seagulls.
19. A mountain is any hill 100 feet above sea level.
20. You know the four seasons really are: hurricane season, love bug season, tourist season and summer.
21. You’ve hosted a hurricane party.
22. You can pronounce Okeechobee, Kissimmee , Withlacoochee , Thonotosassa and Micanopy.
23. You understand why it’s better to have a friend with a boat, than have a boat yourself.
24. You’ve worn shorts and used the A/C on Christmas and New Years.
25. You recognize Miami-Dade as ‘Northern Cuba’.